Wednesday, March 7, 2012

taho to go

I love taho, hot or cold, in the early sun or late night moonshine..but since I lived inside a subdivision where street vendors are not allowed to sell their wares, I've missed them so much! So I was pleased when I saw this in the local supermarket!




 The product is simply named TAHO, no other fuss or hype, just the name..It is made by MASOYA Enterprises Philippines but doesn't say where in the country it is made. It has an expiry date which I guess is a compulsory requirement for it to be sold in the supermarket. It is well package, and looks clean, when I opened it it has an separate pouch containing the liquefied sugar and a small blue spoon which you can barely use. The sugar seems so pale compared to the ones being sold in the streets so I had my doubts about the taste of it. I opened the seal of the taho and added the sugary fluid to it. hmm....started tasting it and my fears were correct! It doesn't taste right! It's a pale comparison to the ones being sold by the street vendors! What a waste of twenty five pesos! So many is said about the doubtful cleanliness of the process of making street taho but it's been here before the quarantine guys were born! So I say the heck with it, give me my proper taho and not some taho wannabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment